When you apply for natural gas service with Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc., you will be required to make a deposit unless you can establish a satisfactory payment history with a regulated utility (natural gas or electric) company with the following method:
- If you have been a customer of any regulated utility within the last two years, and
- You owe no outstanding bills for service
- Did not have during the last 12 consecutive months service was provided, any bills that were delinquent
- Did not have service disconnected for nonpayment of a bill
If the applicant cannot establish a satisfactory payment history with a regulated utility, a deposit will be necessary. The deposit is figured with the following method:
- The deposit will be calculated based on the twelve-month usage for the property.
- The deposit minimum is $200.00.
- If the deposit is $200.00, we will connect the utility service when deposit is received. For a deposit over $200.00, service will be connected once a minimum of half the deposit has been made and a payment agreement for the remaining deposit established.
- Any deposit on an account will be applied to the account as a credit after twelve consecutive on-time payments; or
- The deposit will be applied to your final bill when you request to have the natural gas service shut off.
Why Natural Gas?
• Lower cost & better comfort
• Higher quality heat
• Reliable & safe
• A natural occurring energy source
• Made in the USA
Minimize Your Bill
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Keep window shades and draperies open during the day
• Have your furnace serviced
Natural Gas Tips
How to identify a possible gas leak:
rotten egg or sulfur odor
blowing or hissing sound