Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. Landlord Standby Agreement
Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc offers a service to landlords that gives them the option of continuing uninterrupted natural gas service to their rental properties between tenants. Under the landlord Standby Agreement, after a tenant has moved out and service in the tenant's name is discontinued, Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. will provide a final bill to the tenant, then continue to provide service to the property under the landlord's name automatically.
This Contractual agreement allows natural gas service to continue while a rental property is unoccupied. Before a landlord may receive this service and enter into a Landlord Standby Agreement, the landlord's account must be current and all outstanding bills paid in full. For this agreement to remain in effect, all bills accrued while service is in the landlord's name must be paid in full by the due date.
Landlord Standby Agreement Terms
Landlord StandBy Agreement
- The landlord owns the property or is the recognized representative for the rental property owner
- The landlord is not responsible for the tenant's bill. Each tenant is responsible for service in his or her rental unit
- Bills and other communication pertaining to the account will be mailed to the account holder
- The landlord will be responsible for all gas bills until a new tenant requests service in their name and has completed all required steps to establish an account with Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc.
- The agreement for all rental units is subject to termination if a landlord fails to pay billed charges in the landlord's name by the due dates
- The landlord cannot request to disconnect service while it is in the tenant's name
- Should a tenant's natural gas service be disconnected for nonpayment and the tenant vacates the property, the landlord may request service be reconnected in the landlord's name but will be required to pay connection fees
- Should a tenant's natural gas service be disconnected for nonpayment or interference with normal service, Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. will not notify the landlord and the account will not revert to the landlord's name. The landlord will not be allowed to re-establish service as long as the delinquent bill or service interference exits and the tenant still occupies the premises
Why Natural Gas?
• Lower cost & better comfort
• Higher quality heat
• Reliable & safe
• A natural occurring energy source
• Made in the USA
Minimize Your Bill
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Keep window shades and draperies open during the day
• Have your furnace serviced
Natural Gas Tips
How to identify a possible gas leak:
rotten egg or sulfur odor
blowing or hissing sound